For Parents -- “New User Registration” Instructions
for a New User Login Account
for the School Web Site and Edulink Intouch Online
Parent User Logins
If you have an existing login you do not need to create a new login for the current school year (2010-11). If your child has changed schools within Prince William County, your user login will work at the new school.
However if you need to add a child to your login user account, please obtain an authorization letter as described below.
Parent Logins and student logins are separate and the information you can access is different. Please use your parent login for the school Web site or Edulink Intouch.
Note: student user accounts are automatically created and students will receive further information about their accounts at school.
Important information 2010-11
· In order to register for a new user login account you must first pick up your “student authorization letter” in person at your school office. Students cannot pick up this letter for you. (See details below.)
· After August 17, you can register for a login as a new user.
· After August 17, Edulink Intouch will be accessible.
· Classroom Web Pages for 2010-2011 will be available
New User Login Procedures
1. Go to each of your child’s schools and obtain an Authorization Letter for each child. (For example if you have 3 children you need 3 authorization letters, one for each child.) You only need to do this once for your child's enrollment in PWCS.
- If you do not know your child’s PWCS student ID number you should request this information at the same time you receive your authorization letter.
- In order to pick up the authorization letter, you need a current and valid government-issued photo ID that displays your full legal name as it appears in school registration records. You must be a legal, authorized custodial guardian to obtain the letter.
2. Once you have obtained the authorization letter for your student(s) and read these directions click the New User Registration link below.
Directions for completing the online registration form —
· Type in the student ID number (from your child’s school) and “passcode” (from the authorization letter) for each child in PWCS.
· Enter your user login information in the space provided.
· You will select a user name (not more 12 characters); then type “password” as your password. As soon as you submit the online form, you will be prompted to change your password. When creating your new password use only letters and numbers. Do not use spaces or special characters. The password cannot be more than twelve (12) characters long. Be sure to select a password that you will not forget, but that is secure.
· This same user name and password will be used to log on to Edulink Intouch Online. Please wait 48 hours to activate your Edulink password.
· Please be sure to carefully enter your correct email address. (If you later forget your password, it can be emailed to the address you enter.) This address will also be used by teachers who send communications to families and students. On first login please click “verify email” to activate your account.
Do not share your user ID or password with anyone, including your student(s).
3. To add additional students to your user account:
- Log onto your school’s Web site
- On the lower left side click on "My Family."
- Click on "Add Your Student."
- You will be prompted to enter your student's ID number (from your child’s school) and passcode (from the authorization letter)
- Click submit. You should now see this child’s name under “My Family.”
- All new accounts or account changes will be updated for Edulink Intouch within 2 working days. To view your child’s information click the Edulink Intouch side link. Log in with the same user name and password that you used for the Web site.
Edulink Intouch Online:
To access your child’s personal information on Edulink Intouch Online:
Go to the school Web site where that child attends and click the Edulink Intouch
If you have updated your Web site login information or if you are registering today, it will take 2 working days for the information to be accessible on Edulink Intouch Online.
If you would like to view more details about the Web site features and tools click here.